3/11/09

You've got PM

funny how I have became so close to people via real time on the net and will probably never meet most of them in my lifetime. Spending hours in Private Messages and threads...talking back and forth and sharing experiences and opinions and a hug or two to some.

Today...another friend passed away from cancer and it really shook me...although I never met this person...I had got to know her rather well...it feels so strange in a way...I guess a person can get close to others via the web and when something happens to them...it hits home

And another online friend not too long ago passed away from a house fire and one about a year before that...their memory shining on within me

So...surfing the web and making friends online is one of the best things to do with idle time...although it can have it's downside

I sure do have a ton of memories of people online, that's a good thing!

hmmmm

copyright ><"> 2009

4 comments:

  1. I do believe we get to know people.. perhaps better even.. online than in person. To some extent anyway. Simply because there are no distractions... we are not watching a movie.. or ordering dinner.. lol.. and even sex can't get in the way. All you have is each other's minds. That is if you have honest...what you read is what you get... kind of people. They give us their heart and mind... and we do not lose one single moment to trivial things that might get in the way. Our focus is on each other instead of the movie on the big screen... or physical attraction... and everything else.

    And online gives us some sort of...security.. or permission to be free with our thoughts. So perhaps we get the real person...instead of the facade most people display in their day to day life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet and the lives we lead in it is a fairly new concept so many of us are still in wonder of all it holds for us.

    Knowing people that mostly we will never meet....carrying deep conversations for years and sharing life's many bumps and high points.

    it's trully amazing

    and I'm into it and curious about it's future and what it holds for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's scary with an online friendship. There are some people I know very well.. yet it's only online. If they suddenly disappear....which happens... there's nothing I can do. I'm left wondering if something happened to them... or if I upset them... so on and so forth. It's not like I can pop over to their house to see if they are ok. That's a risk with online friendships. To never know... to never have closure when it ends suddenly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes...I think we can be very vulnarable online with friendships. Ups and downs are the norm...I guess that's the nature of the beast so to speak and we must get used to it. As much as possible.

    ><">

    ReplyDelete

CURRENT MOON
Custom Search