3/14/09

St. Patty's day and my neglected bar b que


I've got a deadline....St. Pats day

By then if I'm not bar b quing...I must be nuckin futs

Firing up the bar b que signifys to me the coming of spring and finally escaping my indoor winter habits, locked in from the outside...time to liberate myself...sun on the body...everything turning green again...trees getting back their lush foliage. With the warm weather comes the winds which I can live with. Wind chill doesn't play into the equation anymore.

I like to get a pint of my favorite whiskey and a half rack of sodas (pepsi), start the bar b que and breath in the wonderful things anew in my backyard and beyond. Play frisbee and ball with my two dogs and run them til they lay down in exhaustion. When it get's hot I run them less and leave a sprinkler going for them to run through...My boy (thai)..he loves the water..he'll snap and play in the water the whole time we're out there...go lay down, come back to it then repeat. My girl (taya) hated the water and would run around it...avoiding it comepletely...you'd think she was the witch in the wizard of oz "i'm meltingggggg". I got an idea..throw the ball she loves so much ever closer througout the summer into the h20 terror fountain. Slowly but surely she got closer and closer to the center...the event horizon for her. Grabbing her ball as fast as she can then running away from it like her rear end was on fire. After all these years she can now stand in the sprinkler's wrath with no problem. A liberated she hound, head held high. "All that and a bag o jerky treats"

Ok Ok..back to the bar b que

I like to marinate a whole chicken in one of my favorite combinations of herbs and spices. And soak some mesquite chips in water while the coals get white and ready. I love to sit by the bar b que and smell the wood smoke...that really makes me hungry. Sip some good ol sour mash, listen to tunes and just absorb everything. "A bad day of bar b que is far better then any good day at work!"
"Better check the food"...and with surgical like prowess I tend to my bar b que. I always put on extra hot dogs so while the food is bathing is mesquite goodness "I'm getting ever hungrier"
I can sample my well thought out bar b que masterpieces. For some reason...food seems to taste better outside..could be any number of reasons..like I care..I just enjoying it and letting go of a tough back breaking daily grind.
"My phone is off..I really don't want to talk to a soul right now!"

So...for a brief moment in time..I escape

And finally

I got out of the house

ate some good food

played with my dogs

and didn't give a hoot what else was goin on in the world

a brief respite from a seemingly dark place right now

A bleeding America

copyright ><"> 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

CURRENT MOON
Custom Search