3/11/09

Analogy of the positive

I teach martial arts and wanted to come up with an analogy to share with my students about positivety. It seems to help at times with understanding what I'm trying to get across to them.

first of all...I believe that we are all at war with the negative..it is so prevelant in every day life. Sometimes overwhelming us or controlling our personality etc. So we must basically fight it at all times and let the positivety rule our consciousness and being

Picture a lot of land next to a flowing river
The river is black with negativety
Meanwhile..I go about building my home
I must start with the foundation...brick by brick
Every time I think negative or let it control me etc
I take a brick off my foundation
Every time I think positive and do positive things
I add a brick

the whole process must be done in a positive manner or the house will never be built, let alone the foundation
This house and foundation is your life
Take a break and sit down by the river and watch all the negativety flow by
even people floating by calling out for help
"I'll throw them a rope, perhaps I can save a few"

I hope so

ok...time to get back to work on that foundation!

So now...when one of my todai's (student) does something good...I tell them "you added another brick to your foundation..Congrats!" and visa versa

copyright ><"> 2009

1 comment:

  1. Your anology reminded me of a story I once read...

    A Grandfather from the Cherokee Nation was talking with his grandson.

    "A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.

    "It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves."

    "One wolf is evil and ugly: He is anger, envy, war, greed, self-pity, sorrow, regret, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, selfishness and arrogance."

    "The other wolf is beautiful and good: He is friendly, joyful, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, justice, fairness, empathy, generosity, true, compassion, gratitude, and deep VISION."

    "This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other human as well."

    The grandson paused in deep reflection because of what his grandfather had just said. Then he finally cried out; "Oyee! Grandfather, which wolf will win?"

    The elder Cherokee replied, "The wolf that you feed."

    ReplyDelete

CURRENT MOON
Custom Search