3/13/09

Christian the lion and my heart

I saw this Vid today and it really moved me..I thought I would share it with whom ever may show up here. I grew up hunting wild animals as it was an imortant tradition and way to feed the family. But it really never sat real well with me...one day I shot a buck (male deer) and I hit it in the back, well it proceeded to scream something like a woman and when I approached it....it had what looked like tears in it's eyes...I had to put it out of it's misery (which I caused) so I shot it in the head. I felt like a sick murderer or something and never hunted again...now I would hunt them with a camera instead....I love animals and have two wonderful dogs and could not imagine harming another animal again in my life...forget the tradition or any macho premise that went along with it...It wasn't right to me any more....I have gotten into arguments with my family over that decision since then...But I'll stick to it anyway...I really don't need the meat anyway...perhaps if me and my family were starving and I had no other means to feed myself or them...that might be different.

Animals have every right to live out their lives on this planet. I no longer look at them as just animals and I care for all of them in one way or another. Sometimes I even feel that dogs are at times better than humans...I can come home...having the worst day ever...grumpy as can be...and there they are waiting...happy and loving and unconditional...very very precious and they deserve the best I can offer...I will never get rid of any pet I have had..they will live out their lives..loved and happy with me...no chain in the back yard...no outside only nonsense...so please...love your animals and treat them as you wish to be treated...the rewards will come back. And do something to help animals around the world...it's the right thing to do! We have so much to gain by loving them!

ok...so now the video

christian the lion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzO3F813rU4

A link to help

http://worldwildlife.org/

copyright ><"> 2009

4 comments:

  1. It is a a very touching video.

    Isn't it amazing that the inner spirit is not limited in its connection to other spirits! Our "soul" in not limited by race, religion, color, or creed. Our soul allows us to connect with everything around us. It is our own ideals and thoughts that limit us. Our souls.. our inner biengs are all linked... we all naturally would gravitate toward that link.. yet our conscious mind... our logic.. our pride... limits our ability to recognize and embrace that connection. There is truth in that we are our own worst enemy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great comments! I agree with you..All people are of the same race...the human race. And Animals are not just worthless animals...but living beings that deserve to exist just as much as we do...their brief time upon this tiny blue marble in space...sometimes I feel that all the great leaders of this planet and even the populace should go into space and look back on Earth. Coming to the epiphany that there are no borders and seperations of race etc when we gaze down on our planet. How small and paetty most of our indifferences are.

    I think it's important to connect with everything around us..it enriches our lives and makes us much more aware...and a kind caring soul which cares for planet and it's inhabitants is a properly evolved human being

    ><">

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think humans think entirely too much of themselves. We aren't that smart really. There is so much information.. so much learning to be had all around us... but very few ever stop to listen. I'm not speaking of book learning. No.. it's much more than that. Have you ever walked among the giant redwoods? The knowledge among the trees is almost tangible. Quiet your mind... still your body.. let your mind go... and you will feel that the trees are wanting to let you in on their secrets. And they want to know yours too.

    Maybe the trees and animals got it right. They manage to live without cell phones and cable TV. They don't have garbage cans full of trash...nor do they dump their toxic waste in oceans. There's no stress over mortgage payments or job layoffs. They don't worry about keeping up with the Joneses. They don't record their secrets in books... yet not one lesson has been lost. They don't need a ton of self help seminars and motivational books to be the best that they can be. A tree is not afraid to grow... a tiger doesn't feel ashamed of being a tiger... a fish does not have surgery to become a bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!

    Great points and spot on. There is something about that innocense that appeals to all of us. Humans have only been in the concrete jungle for a brief second in history's timeline and now we are hurtling forward at almost lightspeed, which is good..and bad


    It's imortant thhat we evolve and move out into space..the pioneers of a new age....technologies are our road map along with science and the ability to take chances. With this evolving...we must learn to coexist with other living beings and the planet in the best way possible...live and let live our creed...where petty differences and bigotry ect don't not cause unfathomable bloodshed across the globe.

    Let's face it...most wars ever fought were because of prejiduce..a human trait

    So..our advanced existance can have an eternal road...a future

    ><">

    ReplyDelete

CURRENT MOON
Custom Search