5/30/09

Internet friends past & present


You know...it's kind of funny how close one can get to another person via real time on the web...you may not ever even meet in person...but build a friendship and bond and sometimes even love for someone. I've been online for several years now and have come to know so many. I have also lost many for various reasons and that's when it hits home. Lost several due to the fact that they passed away and that effected me profoundly..Others..we just grew apart through time.

Some I still keep in touch with and am very fond of them. Perhaps I will always stay in touch with them and even meet some on down the road..hopefully so

Just recently I had left a forum that I had been going to for many many years...got to know many people and make many friends..but there was also some forms of negativity there and mean spirited people which I disliked..as a good friend of mine had suggested..it could have something to do with the current sad state of affairs in our beloved Country, the USA. People not posting much...having little to say or just plain busy..so many possibilities.

I think I just burned out on it...perhaps just for a little while..one thing is for sure though..my feelings for the people that I left behind will never falter and I will miss them dearly...perhaps going back to see them one day.

Anyone whom wants to stay in touch can do so easily anyway

Funny thing..these Internet friendships

copyright ><"> 2009

1 comment:

  1. If you think and act like I do... you treat people online with the same respect you would if you were face to face. I myself wear my heart on my sleeve so to speak, and the people I come in contact with get the same from me be it in person or online. I am me, I know no other way to be. I do not hide myself behind a computer screen to let my evil side loose. Who I am online is who I am in person. And thus it is with you as well I think. You care about people you know face to face, and you extend the same compassion to people online.

    We have had mutual online friends. And it hurt deeply when they died. I miss them very much. They were genuine online as well.

    Friendship is not bound by physical closeness. It is but two hearts.. two souls that communicate to each other. The internet gives most of us a way to connect with others that we would not have had the chance to otherwise. Both positive and negative.

    My life is so much richer for the friends I have made online. If I had it all over to do again.. I certainly would. There a few people I would not want to miss out on :)

    ReplyDelete

CURRENT MOON
Custom Search